THIS PROGRAMME IS SPECIFICALLY TO HELP ADULTS, WHO ARE OVERWEIGHT, OR HAVE HEALTH PROBLEMS BECAUSE OF THEIR WEIGHT
Aim of the Programme
To promote a healthier lifestyle to adults who are overweight and support them in making behavioural changes that will lead to weight loss.
Who is the programme for?
- Adults with a BMI 28 or more
- Adults who have other health problems because of their weight
How long is the programme?
Each course will last for 12 weeks. The participant will be expected to attend 2 exercise sessions per week, and seminars on nutrition, behavioural changes and living a Healthy Lifestyle. Each session will last one hour.
COST: from £1 per session
REFERRAL PROCESS – WEIGHT FOR LIFE
If you would like to join our Weight For Life programme there are a few options available to you
1. Firstly check you are eligible for the scheme – is your BMI 28 or more. If you are unsure see the NHS Healthy Weight Calculator here
2. Visit your GP, Nurse, Physiotherapist or other health professional to be referred
3. Self- refer by submitting the contact form at the bottom of the Contact page OR telephone to make an appointment.